SANDPOINT — Who doesn’t love a good sale? Especially when it’s guilt-free. That’s what “Fall for Sandpoint” is all about.
This year, 21 downtown Sandpoint retailers have each teamed with a local non-profit for a day to shop, save, and share. It all happens on Saturday, October 13th. During the event, each store will donate part of the day’s sales to their non-profit partner.
It’s a win-win. Something for you and something for all of us.
Most activities will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., with others lasting throughout the day. The non-profit participants will be on hand to answer your questions and show you how they serve our area. Participating retailers will donate part of the day’s shopping proceeds to their sponsored non-profit.
For example, at Great Stuff, proceeds from chocolate sales for the day will be donated to Lake Pend Oreille Waterkeeper. Hippie Chic is donating 10 percent of all sales to Life Choices Pregnancy Center.
Stop by Creations for a kid-friendly craft activity and to participate in a downtown scavenger hunt. Sharon’s Hallmark will be buzzing with product demos, product samples and games for prizes. Dress up the family pooch and head to I Saw Something Shiny for their doggie fashion contest. Each store will present their own unique combination of specials, activities and fun.
Pick up a passport at any participating retailer. Visit stores and get your passport stamped, no purchase necessary. Five stamps is all it takes to enter a prize drawing, or get 10 stamps and you’ll be entered in the grandprize drawing as well. Prizes range from gift certificates, to dinner for two, to movie tickets and much more.
The saying is “what goes around comes around.” Nowhere is that truer than in a close-knit community like Sandpoint. Local non-profit organizations and local merchants are central to the cycle of service and support that makes this an outstanding area to live in. Non-profits in Sandpoint and the surrounding communities provide important human services, promote the arts, entertainment and recreation, and safeguard the quality of our beautiful environment.
All of the donations raised during “Fall for Sandpoint” stay here in North Idaho.
Purchases made at local retail stores also support our community, providing jobs and tax revenue for local government, and creating a vibrant, attractive downtown. The streets are mostly back together and the summer rush is over, so join your friends and neighbors at “Fall for Sandpoint” on Saturday, October 13th and fall in love with your hometown all over again.
For additional information check posters around town and look on retailers’ Facebook pages or the Sandpoint Shopping District Facebook page, Fall for Sandpoint 2018.
Participating businesses and non-profits are:
• A&P Grill — Panida Theater
• Alpine Shop — Panhandle Alliance for Education
• Art Works Gallery — Share the Love Scholarship
• Azalea — Kaleidoscope and Community Art Programs
• Burl Wood Dreams — Local Veterans Programs
• Carousel — Creations
• Cedar St. Bistro — Bonner Gospel Mission
• Eve’s Leaves — Bonner Community Food Bank
• Finan McDonald Clothing Co. — Sandpoint Senior Center
• Firefly Boutique — Kinderhaven
• Grace & Joy — Life Choices Pregnancy Center
• Great Stuff — Lake Pend Oreille Waterkeeper
• Hippie Chic — Life Choices Pregnancy Center
• I Saw Something Shiny — Panhandle Animal Shelter
• LaChic Boutique — NAMI Far North
• Larson’s — Underground Kindness
• Meadowbrook — Special Olympics
• Northwest Handmade — Bonner Community Hospice
• Outdoor Experience Idaho — Walk Bike Alliance
• Pend d’Oreille Winery — Food For Our Children
• Sharon’s Hallmark — Women Honoring Women Scholarship Program