CAL announces community grants
The Community Assistance League Grants Chairman Tracy Gibson and committee are pleased to announce that grants totaling $101,200.00 were given to 38 worthy non-profit organizations.
This year the committee was challenged with COVID-19, canceled programs, extended deadlines, meeting logistics, emergency funding requests and a quiet Bizarre Bazaar Store.
“Undeterred, CAL persisted in doing what it has done for over 40 years, helping the community by lifting up other outstanding organizations that make all of our lives better,” the organization said in a press release. “The grant funds are made possible through dedicated volunteers, customers and donors to Bizarre Bazaar. Thank you. Thank you!”
The following non-profit organizations are the recipients of the 2020 Grant Awards —
• City of Sandpoint Parks and Recreation — youth scholarship fund.
• Kinderhaven — replacement of interior doors and hardware.
• Sandpoint Midddle School — culinary class using the school garden.
• Sandpoint Youth Center — culinary healthy food after-school program.
• Arts Alliance (DBA Creations Sandpoint) — Discovery Museum STEAM interactive game boards.
• Sandpoint Pirate Ship — treasure chest toys and maintenance.
• Sandpoint Soccer Association — scholarships for low-income families.
• Friends Of The West Bonner County Library (Priest River) — educational play area for young children.
• Priest River Museum — safety gate.
• First Judicial District-CASA — web based conversion and training for advocate reporting.
• Food For Our Children — weekend food program.
• Festival at Sandpoint — Festival youth school programs.
• Clark Fork-Hope Food Bank — food and replacement of refrigeration equipment.
• Community Cancer Services — grocery vouchers.
• Sandpoint Community Resource Center — resource directories.
• Bonner County Historical Society — archival material kits.
• Panhandle Special Needs Inc. — greenhouse repairs.
• Sandpoint Area Seniors (SASi) — entrance door ADA compliant upgrade.
• Panhandle Chapter Trout Unlimited — Trout About Festival.
• Helping Hands Healing Hearts — Financial Support for Families-Rent and Utilities.
• Bonner Community Food Bank — Food Purchases.
• Sandpoint Farmers Market — SNAP Food Program of Low Income Families.
• Priest Lake Food Bank — Food Purchases.
• Sagle Fire District — Upgraded Gas Detection Equipment.
• Bonner Homeless Transitions — Restore 2 Bedroom Unit for Homeless Women.
• Sandpoint High School — Senior Class Finance Fair.
• Idaho Hill Elementary School — Maker-Space Classroom/Rural Household Free Bookstore.
• Southside Elementary — STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) Class Supplies.
• Junior Achievement — Spt. Middle Sch. Classes Relating Finance and Education.
• The Village Green Project — Book Trust-Free Books for Young Children.
• Selkirk Outdoor Leadership Education (SOLE) — Winter Snow School Using E-STEM lessons.
• Priest River Elementary — maker-space interactive project based learning.
• N. Id. High School Aerospace — aircraft completion project.
• Sandpoint Nordic Club — group ski and snowshoe program for Bonner County students.
• POAC — Kaleidoscope art program and Ovations.
• Music Conservatory — String replacement, repair and supplies/piano purchase.