Local churches offer many worship options
Local churches are meeting in a variety of ways, from in person to online.
Local churches are helping their congregations worship in a variety of ways, from Zoom and Facebook Live services to YouTube videos to in-person services and more.
Below is a roundup of what local churches are doing:
• Cedar Hills — Cedar Hills is holding in-person gatherings on Thursday and Sunday 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. The church’s online gatherings are live at 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
To take part in one of its online services, go online to its website at cedarhillschurch.com.
• Christ Our Redeemer Lutheran Church — Christ Our Redeemer, 1900 Pine St., is offering in person Sunday services. Education hour begins at 9 a.m., followed by worship at 10 a.m. (with Children’s Church).
Services also premiere every Sunday evening at 6 p.m. through the church’s Facebook page or can be found online at corsandpoint.org.
• Clark Fork United Methodist Church — Clark Fork United Methodist Church is offering in-person Sunday services beginning at 11:15 a.m. Worship is led by Pastor G.W. Bill Warren.
• First Lutheran Church — First Lutheran Church has resumed in-person worship with full COVID-19 safety protocols. The service is at 9 a.m. and the recording of the worship is posted later, online at firstlutheransandpoint.org.
• First Presbyterian Church — First Presbyterian Church of Sandpoint is a certified Earth Care Congregation within the Presbyterian Church (USA).
The congregation is observing the recommended guidelines regarding social distancing including wearing face masks, which are provided if attendees do not bring their own.
Please note: if you are at high risk, have someone in your household who is high risk, and/or you or someone in your household is not feeling well, please stay safe and stay home.
Information: First Presbyterian, 208-263-2047 or fpcsandpoint.org
• Harvest Valley Worship Center — The church, 86 Hidden Valley Road, is meeting for worship service on Sunday mornings at 10 a.m.
Livestream is available on the church’s Facebook page at 11 a.m.
• Holy Spirit Episcopal Church — Holy Spirit Episcopal Church, 55 Rocky Point Road at U.S. 2, Dover, is conducting in-person worship (Holy Eucharist) on Sundays at 10 a.m. with vicar, the Rev. Dave Walker. The congregation also hosts a Bible study at the church at 11 a.m. on Tuesdays. Out of concern for the health and safety of all, the congregation is practicing social distancing and is kindly asking that face masks be worn. Everyone is welcome.
More information may be found at facebook.com/Holy Spirit Episcopal Church.
• New Life Church — New Life Church, 1925 N. Boyer, has online and in-church services for its 10 a.m. Sunday service. Go online to newlifescc.com or join the congregation on Facebook.
Information: 208-263-8578 or email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Newman Community Bible Church: Newman Community Bible Church is located at 9230 Sagle Road, Sagle.
• Northside Christian Fellowship — Northside Christian Fellowship, 4400 Colburn-Culver Road, has resumed its normal schedule with Sunday school starting at 9:15 a.m. and service at 10:45 a.m.
Special measures will be taken to maintain recommended social distancing. Information can be found on the church’s website at wncfchurch.net.
• North Summit Church — Services will be held at 8 a.m., 9:30 a.m. (with children’s services) and at 11 a.m. For more information, visit the church online at northsummit.online.church.
• River of Life — River of Life has both online, and in-person services at 702 Church St., every Sunday at 10:30 a.m. Individuals can view live or archived services online at sandpointriveroflife.org as well as on the “River of Life Fellowship” Facebook page.
Additionally, on Mondays at 6 p.m., a “Back to Basics” class is hosted by Pastor Justin Gardner.
• Sandpoint Church of the Nazarene — Sandpoint Church of the Nazarene invites the community to join their congregation for live indoor services at 8:30, 9:30 and 10:30 am on Sundays or online on Sunday afternoons. For more information, go online to sandpointnaz.org — or to the church’s Facebook page.
• St. Joseph’s Catholic Church — The church is holding in-person worship. For more information, go online to the church’s website at st-joseph-church.net.
• Sandpoint United Methodist — Sandpoint United Methodist Church is holding in-person worship at 9:30 a.m. Social distancing and masks are the protocol. Information: 208-263-4232.
• Sravasti Abbey — Sravasti Abbey, the Buddhist monastery near Newport, is broadcasting its teaching over the Abbey’s livestream channel at sravastiabbey.org or go to livestream.com/sravastiabbey. The abbey is closed to visitors at this time.
• Victory Church — Victory Church is offering both on-site and online services.
On-site services begin at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, with social distancing, sanitizer available and masks optional. A separate exit is available for those not wishing to exit through the main lobby where people congregate. Online services can be found at vbcsagle.com.
If you would like your church added to the list, send us an email at email@example.com and share the details of how you are worshiping and we’ll make sure to share them with your friends and neighbors.