LPOSD heads back to school
SANDPOINT – As the summer comes to a close, the Lake Pend Oreille School District has released its open house schedule for back-to-school events.
Spread out over two evenings, Aug. 31 and Sept. 1, at most of the schools in the district, from elementary to high school, parents and students will get the chance to meet teachers, check out classrooms, and complete any last-minute paperwork before school starts on Sept. 6.
• Sagle Elementary — 5:30-6:30 p.m.
• Hope Elementary — 5-6:30 p.m.
• Sandpoint High School — 5 p.m.; freshmen and students who are new to SHS are invited to a barbecue on the south lawn sponsored by CARE, a parent support group at SHS. School clubs and activities will be holding a club fair on the lawn. Teachers and staff will be available for student and parent questions. The all-school open house begins at 6 p.m. for students returning to SHS.
• Clark Fork Jr./Sr. High School — 5-6:30 p.m.
• Northside Elementary — 4:30-6 p.m.
• Kootenai Elementary — 4:30-6 p.m.
• Farmin Stidwell Elementary — 4:30-6:30 p.m.
• Sandpoint Middle School — 5:30-7 p.m.; students who have completed registration paperwork can get schedules, request lockers, and find classrooms.
• Washington Elementary — 4:30-6 p.m. - Meet and greet teachers and staff, find out class assignments for the year, and drop off any school supplies.
• Southside Elementary — 5-6:30 p.m.; meet teachers, drop off any school supplies, and get to know the principal.
• Lake Pend Oreille High School — 4:30-6 p.m; open house.