In-person, online worship available to the faithful
Local churches have responded to the novel coronavirus pandemic byhelping their congregations worship in a variety of ways, from Zoom and Facebook Live services to YouTube videos and more.
| October 16, 2020 1:00 AM
As a response to the novel coronavirus pandemic, local churches are responding, helping their congregations worship in a variety of ways, from Zoom and Facebook Live services to YouTube videos and more. Below is a roundup of what local churches are doing:
• Cedar Hills — Cedar Hills is holding in-person gatherings on Thursday and Sunday 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. The church’s online gatherings are live at 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.To take part in one of its online services, go online to its website at cedarhillschurch.com.
• Christ Our Redeemer Lutheran Church — Christ Our Redeemer, 1900 Pine St., is offering in person Sunday services. Education hour begins at 9 a.m., followed by worship at 10 a.m. (with Children’s Church). Services also premiere every Sunday evening at 6 p.m. through the church’s Facebook page or can be found online at corsandpoint.org.
• First Lutheran Church — First Lutheran Church begins a new six-week worship series online, “Beguiled by Beauty: Cultivating a Life of Contemplation and Compassion”. Downloadable resources and links to the online worship recordings can be found at firstlutheransandpoint.org/online-worship.html. If you have questions, please call 208-263-2048.
• First Presbyterian Church — First Presbyterian Church of Sandpoint has resumed worship services. In-person worship on Sundays during the fall and winter months starts at 10:30 a.m, in the beautiful, historic sanctuary located on the corner of N. Fourth Avenue and Alder Street. The Church building and all facilities are closed except for Sunday worship services.
Virtual viewing of Sunday worship services will still be available via Facebook Live. Please note that the live streaming will start between 10:30 a.m. and approximately 10:45 a.m. A recording of scripture readings and Words of Witness via Facebook Live will be posted for viewing on the church’s Facebook page and also online at www.fpcsandpoint.org.
During Sunday Worship, we will be observing the recommended guidelines regarding social distancing which includes the use of hand sanitizer and the requirement of wearing face masks, which are provided if attendees do not bring their own. The service is shortened to minimize direct contact. Please note: if you are at high risk, have someone in your household who is high risk, and/or you or someone in your household is not feeling well, please stay safe and stay home.
For more information contact the church office at 208-263-2047 or www.fpcsandpoint.org .
• Harvest Valley Worship Center — The church, 86 Hidden Valley Road, is meeting for worship service on Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. Livestream is available on the church’s Facebook page at 11 a.m. The church can be found online at www.hvwc.com or on Facebook at facebook.com/harvestsandpoint.
• Holy Spirit Episcopal Church — Holy Spirit Episcopal Church, 55 Rocky Point Road at U.S. 2, Dover, is conducting in-person worship (Holy Eucharist or morning prayer) on Sundays at 10 a.m. The congregation also hosts a Bible study at the church at 11 a.m. on Tuesdays. Out of concern for the health and safety of all, the congregation is practicing social distancing and is kindly asking that face masks be worn. Everyone is welcome. More information may be found at facebook.com/Holy Spirit Episcopal Church.
• New Life Church — New Life Church, 1925 N. Boyer, has online and in-church services for its 10 a.m. Sunday service. Go online to newlifescc.com or join the congregation on Facebook. Information: 208-263-8578 or email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Northside Christian Fellowship — Northside Christian Fellowship, 4400 Colburn-Culver Road, has resumed its normal schedule with Sunday school starting at 9:15 a.m. and service at 10:45 a.m. Special measures will be taken to maintain recommended social distancing. Information can be found on the church’s website at www.ncfchurch.net.
• North Summit Church — Services will be held at 8 a.m., 9:30 a.m. (with children’s services) and at 11 a.m. For more informtation, visit the church online at northsummit.online.church.
• River of Life — River of Life has online services and invites all to join with the congregation on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. at sandpointriveroflife.com. Service is also available online any time on the archives. Live service can also be viewed on River of Life’s Facebook page and on Instagram.
• Sandpoint Church of the Nazarene — Sandpoint Church of the Nazarene invites the community to join its congregation for its live service outdoor on the ball field at 10 a.m. or online at their convenience on Sunday afternoon. For more information, go online to sandpointnaz.org — or to the church’s Facebook page.
• St. Joseph’s Catholic Church — The church is holding in-person worship. For more information, go online to the church's website at st-joseph-church.net.
• Sandpoint United Methodist — Sandpoint United Methodist will worship online every Sunday until the congregation can all gather again in safety.
Services are on the Zoom platform and all are welcome to join in however you will need an invitation. Please contact Pastor Jo Dene Romeijn-Stout if you would like a link to attend the online service. Information: 208-263-4232.
• Sravasti Abbey — Sravasti Abbey, the Buddhist monastery near Newport, is broadcasting its teaching over the Abbey’s livestream channel at sravastiabbey.org or go to livestream.com/sravastiabbey. The Abbey is closed to visitors at this time.
• Victory Church —Victory Church is offering both on-site and online services. On-site services begin at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, with social distancing, sanitizer available and masks optional. A separate exit is available for those not wishing to exit through the main lobby where people congregate. Online services can be found at vbcsagle.com.
If you would like your church added to the list, send us an email at email@example.com and share the details of how you are worshiping and we’ll make sure to share them with your friends and neighbors.