Tuesday, February 27, 2024
36.0°F

Carbon monoxide leak reported at lodge

| November 8, 2022 1:00 AM

SANDPOINT — Four people were hospitalized after being exposed in late October to carbon monoxide exposure at the White Pine Lodge at Schweitzer.

Two of those hospitalized were Schweitzer employees, resort officials said. The two were released from the hospital the following day after being transported to Bonner General by ambulance. The two other individuals were taken to the emergency room by private vehicle.

The lodge had recently installed a new boiler system which first responders determined to be the source of the leak, Schweitzer officials said in a press release.

Schweitzer officials said that the area where the leak occurred is technically overseen by a homeowner’s association. However, the White Pine Lodge HOA does contract with Schweitzer for some maintenance.

Schweitzer Fire Department responded to the call and the source of carbon monoxide buildup has been “fully remediated,” Schweitzer representative Taylor Prather said.

Recent Headlines