| October 21, 2023 1:00 AM
Profession: Quality and Risk Management
How many years as a Bonner County resident: 27-plus
Marital status: Happily married
Family: We have raised 4 children in Bonner County
- I would dedicate the first 100 days to building relationships with those I will be serving and those I will be working with. I need to put in the work to identify the needs of our city and how I can work in collaboration with the other members of the council and the Mayor to meet those needs.
- In order to offer a thoughtful response I did reach out to current council members for input. Priest River is not unique in that people want to experience life in a small town and are moving from their big cities to small rural areas. • Growth creates several issues with regard to infrastructure • Growing and sustaining prosperity • Community Engagement
- Develop smart growth strategies by engaging stakeholders, reviewing processes and policies, identifying deficiencies, implementing positive change and basing all decisions on evidence and law. I want to be part of processes that improve sustainability and meet the needs of our population growth and demographics.
- Part of being a good communicator is practicing being an active listener. I will work hard to be fully present when engaged in conversation. I believe that in the midst of conversation solutions may be discovered.
- I think that we have good governance for our city and I am honored to be part of a cohesive functioning council. The current members of the council including the Mayor are all invested and dedicated to working collaboratively to ensure a culture where outcomes best serve the community. I want to be an active participant in that process.
- Fortunately for me I am running unopposed. I will say that I look forward to serving ALL members of our community.
- I am proud to be a member of the Priest River Community. I am honored to represent the residents of our great little town. I have witnessed firsthand what progress looks like when political agendas and affiliations are not the most important thing in the room. City Council seats are unaffiliated which provides an opportunity to do the work without allegiance or influence from special interest groups. Work together for the betterment of the community!
- I love that there is so much natural beauty and recreation minutes from my house.
- I love to spend time with my family, travel, and sample great food. I also enjoy the theater and musical entertainment.
- So many times that I think your word restriction will not allow me to address this question properly so in short I will say this; one of my favorite saying is “I do not know what I do not know.” Leaders must be open to honest discussions and surrender outcomes to evidence based decision making.
- That is difficult for me to answer because I have so many influential people in my life. I think if you are open to being a lifelong learner influential people will impact your life continually. If I must give you an example I would say my parents, husband, and children have influenced and impacted my life in the most profound and positive way. Having good mentorship and leadership in your professional career is not lost on me either, I have been very fortunate in that department as well.
- Honesty, integrity, wisdom and humility.
- Why are you running for public office? My answer; I have a servant’s heart. I am not motivated by self-promotion or a need to feed a distorted ego or for a power grab. I understand that the opportunity to represent and serve the residents of Priest River is a privilege and an honor.
- I have lived in the city of Priest River for the past 27-plus years. I served our community as a member of the West Bonner County School District Board of Trustee for 8 1/2 years. I understand the commitment and dedication it takes to be a productive part of a governing body. I am passionate about our community and understand the importance of local government. I will put in the work.