All invited to worship in faith
Local churches are meeting in a variety of ways, from in person to online.
Local congregations invite all in the community to join them in faith — whether they are looking for a new church family or are new to town and are seeking a place to worship.
Below is a roundup of what some local churches are doing. All are welcome to attend services.
• Cedar Hills — Cedar Hills is holding in-person gatherings on Sundays at 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., with children's programs offered during both services. The church’s online gatherings are live at 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. To take part in one of its online services, go online to its website at cedarhillschurch.com.
• Christ Our Redeemer Lutheran Church — Christ Our Redeemer, 1900 Pine St., is offering in-person Sunday services. Education hour begins at 9 a.m., followed by worship at 10 a.m. (with Children’s Church). Services also premiere every Sunday evening at 6 p.m. through the church’s Facebook page or can be found online at corsandpoint.org.
• Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints holds services at 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. each Sunday at 602 Schweitzer Cutoff Road. Immediately following each service are classes for children, teenagers, and adults. All are warmly welcome to join the congregation. For more information please go to churchofjesuschrist.org.
• Dover Community Church — The church meets at 9 a.m. Sundays at 313 Washington St., Dover. For more information, call 208-290-2716.
• First Lutheran Church — First Lutheran Church has Sunday Worship at 9 a.m. in the main sanctuary. Services are also available online the next day, as well as archived services from recent months. For more information go to firstlutheransandpoint.org.
• First Presbyterian Church — First Presbyterian Church - First Presbyterian Church, 417 Fourth Avenue, Sandpoint, offers in-person and online Sunday worship at 10:30 a.m. Adult Christian education is Sunday at 9 a.m. For more information, contact the church office at 208-263-2047 or www.fpcsandpoint.org.
• Gardenia Center — The Gardenia Center holds in-person, non-denominational services from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. every Sunday. Each week a different speaker offers their insights. The Gardenia Center is located at the corner of Church and Fourth across from the post office. Public service meetings are held throughout the week. Contact 208-264-0176 for more information.
• Harvest Valley Worship Center — The church, 86 Hidden Valley Road, is meeting for worship service on Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. Livestream is available on the church’s Facebook page at 11 a.m. The church can be found online at whvwc.com or on Facebook at facebook.com/harvestsandpoint.
• Holy Spirit Episcopal Church — Holy Spirit Episcopal Church, 55 Rocky Point Road at U.S. 2, Dover, is conducting in-person worship (Holy Eucharist) on Sundays at 10 a.m. with the vicar, the Rev. Dave Walker. The congregation also hosts a Bible study at the church at 11 a.m. on Tuesdays. All are welcome.
More information may be found at the church's website, holyspiritepiscopalsandpoint.com.
• New Life Church — New Life Church, 1925 N. Boyer, has online and in-church services for its 10 a.m. Sunday service. Go online to newlifescc.com or join the congregation on Facebook. Information: 208-263-8578 or email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Newman Community Bible Church — Sunrise service at 7:15 a.m. Sunday at Garfield Bay Park; regular service will follow at 10 a.m., at Newman Community Bible Church, 9230 Sagle Road, Sagle.
• Northside Christian Fellowship — Northside Christian Fellowship, 4400 Colburn Culver Road, meets for Sunday School at 9:15 a.m. and for the main service at 10:45 a.m. More information may be found on the church’s website at ncfchurch.net
• North Summit Church — Services will be held at 8 a.m., 9:30 a.m. (with children’s services), and 11 a.m. For more information, visit the church online at northsummit.online.church.
• Quaker (Sandpoint Friends) — 10 a.m., Sunday, 1025 Alder St. for unprogrammed worship. We gather in silence for our meeting for worship, waiting on the spirit and being open to new light. We have no minister, as we believe the light is directly available to all, and all may minister. This hour may pass in silence, or individuals may speak briefly out of the silence if moved to share a spiritual message.
We are pacifists – not to be mistaken for passive people. We actively oppose war and violence. We search for peaceful solutions with respect for life. We look for “that of God” in every person, and without dogma, creeds, or rituals, we strive for equality and integrity.
Information: phone, 208-263-4788; email, email@example.com; or online, sandpointquakers.org.
• River of Life — River of Life has both online, and in-person services at 702 Church St., every Sunday at 10:30 a.m. Individuals can view live or archived services online at sandpointriveroflife.org as well as on the “River of Life Fellowship” Facebook page.
• Sandpoint Church of the Nazarene — Sandpoint Church of the Nazarene invites the community to join their congregation for live indoor services at 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on Sundays or online on Sunday afternoons. For more information, go online to sandpointnaz.org — or to the church’s Facebook page.
• St. Joseph’s Catholic Church — The church is holding in-person worship. For more information, go online to the church’s website at st-joseph-church.net.
• Sandpoint United Methodist — All are welcome at Sandpoint United Methodist Church, 711 Main on Sundays at 9 a.m.; fellowship time follows.
Thursdays we host a free community meal from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. concurrent with “Messy Church” for crafters and board game lovers of all ages.
The church can be found online at umcsandpoint.com on Facebook at Sandpoint United Methodist Church.
• Sravasti Abbey — Sravasti Abbey, the Buddhist monastery near Newport, offers Sharing the Dharma Day on one Sunday a month (April to December), inviting guests curious to learn about meditation and ways to develop compassion. All are welcome.
The abbey also offers a range of one-day, weekend, and longer events. Find visiting details on SravastiAbbey.org or write firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Victory Church — Victory Church invites the community to visit Victory Church in Sagle, 602 Gun Club Road. The church is devoted to preaching the word of God in a verse-by-verse manner. All ages, races, and nationalities are welcome. Dress is more casual and the hope is that when you visit our church that you joyfully worship with us and grow with us week by week as we learn from the word of God.
The church teaches and preaches the unchanging truth of God's word and helps all develop a personal relationship with Jesus. Our core message is that salvation is a free gift by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
Services begin at 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Information: vbcsagle.com.
If you would like your church added to the list, send us an email at email@example.com and share the details of how you are worshiping and we’ll make sure to share them with your friends and neighbors.